The Sustainability Research and Innovation Congress 2021 (SRI2021) is now accepting applications for volunteers to support the virtual congress. SRI2021 is a transdisciplinary gathering in sustainability – it will be a space to advocate for sustainability scholarship, innovation, collaboration, and action. SRI2021 is the first in an annual series, convened by Future Earth and the Belmont Forum, that unites global leaders, experts, industry and innovators to inspire action and promote a transformation in sustainability. SRI2021 is hosted locally by an Australian consortium led by Future Earth Australia.
SRI2021 will be held virtually and onsite at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre in Brisbane, Australia, from 12-15 June, 2021. We are expecting over 1,000 participants from all over the world to join us for the Congress, and more than 100 international sessions have already been confirmed for the program. The event will be a unique opportunity for diverse audiences to connect with the global sustainability community, learn about the latest sustainability science, create novel networks and partnerships, explore new ideas, gain visibility, inspire and be inspired.
Volunteering at SRI2021 is a great opportunity to gain insight into a truly global event bringing together world leading experts in sustainability science and innovation. In addition to developing skills in organizing a complex global meeting, volunteering at SRI20201 provides an excellent opportunity to build professional networks – volunteers will have plenty of time to attend sessions and interact with speakers and participants. To sign up, please complete the registration form. We are looking for volunteers located in different time zones given the international nature of the Congress. The call will remain open until all available positions have been filled.
Student volunteers will be given a free registration, while non-students volunteers will be given a 50% discount on early bird rate. In addition, all volunteers will receive reference letters certifying their engagement in the Congress.
Virtual Congress: We expect all volunteers to commit a total of 10 hours of volunteer work:
- ~Two hours, two or three weeks prior to the Congress attending the mandatory training for volunteers.
- ~Two hours, two or three weeks prior to the Congress supporting training of speakers & moderators.
- ~Six hours during the Congress managing virtual sessions (during the Congress each volunteer will have ~three shifts of one-two hours each).
Overview of Tasks
- Hosting and supporting practice sessions and training speakers and moderators: we will not pre-record Congress sessions, and we need to ensure that speakers and moderators understand their role during online sessions.
- Hosting and supporting live sessions.
- Troubleshooting any technical difficulties during online sessions.
- Ensuring that the code of conduct is respected during the Congress and reporting any potential concerns to SRI staff .
- Posting recorded live sessions on the SRI2021 website
Please send your questions to Maria Fernanda Enriquez, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com